First lets take care of common sense stuff… in no particular order…
1. Get rid of flash, java and adobe reader. Those programs are great entry points for viruses and malware.
2. Use a browser other than internet explorer that keeps updating and remove access to internet explorer. You might also want to look into decreasing the footprint of xp with xplite and other such programs. The reason I mention xp lite is that it can be used to remove internet explorer. Only do this if you have backed up your operating system…
3. Install an antivirus program.
4. Most important created a limited user account such as a standard user and create an administrator account. Then go live in the standard account.
5. Uninstall all un-needed program or reinstall xp and only install the programs that you need…
Steps To perform a cold reset on laserjet 4730 printer
1. Turn the MFP off and then on.
2. When the memory count appears on the control panel display, press and hold 6 until all three
LEDs flash once and then stay on. This might take up to 20 seconds.
3. Press 3 four times until COLD RESET appears on the control panel display.
4. Press 6 one time. The MFP continues its initialization sequence.
A cold reset unlocks menus that have been previously locked and resets all control panel menu
items to the factory defaults. A cold reset does not clear the values in the service menu, such as the
serial number and the page counts.
Before performing a cold reset, print a menu map and a configuration page.Use the information on these pages to reset customer-specific settings
All HP Jetdirect settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page
before performing a cold reset. Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect
configuration page. You will need to restore the IP address after performing a cold reset.
I was playing with windows 8 recently and discovered a strong need for a start menu. I tried my best to get a copier running with windows 8 and I was going everywhere no central point. The only thing that saved me and the IT guy from throwing the computer out the window is the start menu option that we downloaded.
Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.petri.co.il/forums/external.php?type=RSS2) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
in /home/content/49/7942649/html/wp-content/plugins/blogroll-rss-widget/blogroll-widget-rss.php on line 466