WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION TAKES LONG TO CONNECT
This is for XP/Vista,but hopefully ,7 will be similar.
You would be looking for wlan/or wzc AND some d-link wireless manager manager associated with the wireless card running simultaneously.
Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
• WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations) This would be the Vista default wireless manager,for example.
Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.
All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic (or perhaps manual).
If a service is not running, open it’s properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.