HOW TO FIX NORTON BLOCKING SCAN TO SMB
Here is the process that I used to fix this issue…
1. Start Norton 360 or your version of Norton.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Firewall Protection.
4. On the General Rules tab, click Add.
5. Click Permit, and then click Next.
6. Click Connections to and from other computers, and then click Next.
7. Click Only Specific Computer or Web sites listed below and then click Add.
8. Select Individually, enter the Ip address of the copier and click Ok.
9. Click Next.
10. Click all to allow all ports
12. Click OK, and then click Next.
13. Type the description of the network into the box, and then click Next.
14. Test the connection by scanning…
15. If there are still any issues then Look for any rules that blocks windows server smb scanning and any other rules that block file sharing… there should be a few… disable them…
16. Click Finish.
A couple of things that I learned…
1. I didn’t need to create a rule…
2. I just needed to disable the windows server smb block rule and all other rules that were blocking scanning and then all started to work…
I discovered that because I had to work through 50 workstations so I had a chance to try various things to allow scan to smb. These instructions work for various versions of norton that have firewall rules.