WINDOWS: HOW TO RECOVER YOUR DATA IF YOUR USER PROFILE HAS DISAPPEARED
– login as an administrator
– unhide files and folders
Open Folder Options in Control Panel
Click Start, and then click Control Panel
Click Appearance and Themes, and then click Folder Options
On the View tab, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
– goto C:\Documents and Settings folder
– find your user profile folders and copy content to a thumb drive or whatever media you have available…
– at this point… I would suggest taking your pc to a tech shop and they will diagnose if its a bad hard drive and/or ram and possibly mother board.
everything is the same except two things
you unhide by
– make sure that you have unchecked Hide protected operating system files and Hide extensions for known file types from Control Panel>Folder View
C:\Documents and Settings is replaced with C:\users