SMART PHONE: EMERGENCY MESSAGES
In the United States, by law, cell phone service providers are required to integrate into your smart phone an emergency broadcast system. This is for the purpose of making it easier to push needed news to the public in the case of an emergency such as floods, hurricanes, nuclear strikes, market crashes, kidnappings and such… you get the idea.
The alerts fall into categories…
1. Presidential Alerts… this cannot be disabled…
2. Extreme threats to life and property… can be disabled for the moment
3. Severe threats to life and property… can be disabled for the moment
4. Amber alerts… can be disabled for the moment
I say disabled for the moment because we do not know if or when the feature to disable them will be disabled. If that were to happen your best bet would be to put your phone on vibrate until they find a way around that.
Why am I concerned about this because… I had many issues with this at work and at service calls so I found a way to adjust the alerts… so that
1. I could get sleep
2. I could concentrate at work
3. I had peace and quiet at home
SMART PHONE ALERTS ADJUSTMENTS
If you are unable to see the videos above or for some reason they are removed from youtube consult the link below and you should get the desired information I have gathered…