5 Tips to Start an Affiliate Program for Your Business – Part2
by: Morten Stege Olander
1) Build up the number of people who join your free affiliate program quickly by temporarily offering your product for free to the people who sign up. You could always end it after you have a 1000 or so affiliates. Those 1000 affiliates should refer enough people to make up for your loss.
2) Create a free e-book with the advertisement and link of your affiliate web site. The subject of the free e-book should draw your target audience to down- load it. Also submit it to some e-book directories. The more exposure your free e-book gets, the more your ad will be seen.
3) Create offline affiliates to market your product. Have people sign up at your web site to sell your products through “house parties”. You could have people taking their laptops to parties and selling through their affiliate links. They will get paid just like they would online.
4) Allow other web sites to sell your product for a percentage of each sale. They can take a percentage of the sale and send you the rest of the order to drop ship. This is one way to set up an affiliate-like program without any tracking software or technology. It works really well for products that have to be shipped.
5) Set up joint ventures with other businesses to sell your product to new customers. They can introduce it to their customers for a set price or join your affiliate program and earn commission on each product sold. This is one of the best ways to promote a business if you’re just starting out too, because you don’t need a customer list or an up front ad budget.