Ok… today I had my first run in with a ricoh afficio copier… I was at a client site and I had to find a way to get it to work with a Mac… Windows was a breeze but mac just takes your breath away… After an hour of research, I found out that:
1. Mac requires postscript to print.
2. I would need to purchase a postscript card that can run as much as $400
I didn’t have time to do that so I did some research online and come up with the following solution.
“Download the following in this order and install from here:
1. Ghostscript for Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther) – Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard)
2. Foomatic-RIP for Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther) – Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard)
3. pxlmono 1.6 for Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther) – Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard)
Once installed add your printer and use the following driver Ricoh Aficio MX C2500 PXL and you should have a fully working colour printer.” source
Now the issue with the above solution is that, though you print in color, the machine will have limited support for options attached to the machine such as stapling and the like…
a better solution if you have options such as stapling and duplexing attached to your machine would be to install the ricoh ppd driver appropriate to your model via the following route…
1. install the ppd driver
2. choose HP Jetdirect protocol
3. ENter IP adress
4. Choose MP C2500 PXL driver